Thursday, May 1, 2014

Summary of April

Winter is finally over and training is going well!

It is SOOOOO nice to be able to run and ride outside again. We intentionally kept my running volume a bit low this winter, in order to try and make some gains in swimming and cycling. But my speed is coming back quickly! I've been quite surprised! A week and a half ago (the end of a great three-week training block), I PR'd my 5 mile time, running 30:33 on the heels of a 90-minute bike!

Also, I've really been using the good weather to build my running base with a running buddy! I'll take my daughter on the jogging stroller for my short easy runs, sometimes three times a week! It's been great to help with the building of my running base with just getting out and consistently running often. Though, I'm already feeling the effects of all the running on my cycling legs!

I didn't make the Air Force team... but I DID get first alternate!

I had REALLY hoped to be accepted to the Air Force tri team this year. But it was my first year applying! It's been my goal for the last three years, since the day I started doing triathlon, to be on this team. I was really close this year and, technically, I still have the chance to be on the team, if a selectee ends up dropping out.

I'm racing Age Group Nationals

I wasn't going to do this originally. But Marian and I spent some time talking about it, and we think we can make it work this year. It's so close (Milwaukee, WI), I may not have the opportunity to drive to Nationals in a day, race, and then drive home. I'll be excited for this race. It'll be the biggest race I've done by far. So I'm sure there will be some nerves. But we've got a pretty good schedule laid out this year, which should have me ready to go on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and encouragement! Gimme some!