Thursday, March 24, 2016

Update from a long time

Well - I've done the typical blogger thing. I've fallen off the horse... but here is another stab at getting back on it.


Current update: I'm recovering from a minor knee injury. Still trying to stay in shape, but the military is sending me on another "extended vacation" this year, so I've backed off on the racing this year to focus on more important priorities. I was slated to race in the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, South Carolina, but the knee injury has turned that into an unknown. I have just over a week to decide if the knee can handle it. I'm seeded in the "amateur elite" wave... but my running has been nill for a little while to heal the knee. So if I run it, it won't be anything impressive.


In May, I plan to race in one of the sprint triathlon series races here in Charleston. I won the series last summer just before going to the ITU Age-Group world championships to represent the USA. That was an exciting experience. Here's a picture and a video to go with it!

Racing at ITU Worlds



Coming out of the water at a sprint triathlon



Training yesterday was a 4000m swim practice with my masters team. Today was a short spin on the trainer to warm the knee up, then some good stretching, yoga, and self-massage of the legs.


Here's hoping for more blogs and a safe and healthy 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and encouragement! Gimme some!