Monday, March 28, 2016

Journal Entry - Weekend and Monday Swim Practice

Rode the trainer for a few minutes on Saturday to warm the knee up. Did a couple spin-ups to 95% FTP to see if the knee could handle it. Then quickly backed off. The knee did fine and didn't feel any pain. (See screenshot.) I think I'm ready to handle some riding now!







Did some general strength and conditioning on Easter Sunday. All body-weight stuff and pretty light on leg stuff. Stretched really well and foam rolled all the leg muscles to keep the knee loose.


Today I went to swim practice. Did some 300's swimming at threshold followed by some 100's above threshold. Total swimming: 4000 LC meters in 1 hour and 15 minutes.


Ate some of my wife's coffee cake to refuel afterwards. That stuff is amazing!


Going to do some test runs this week to see if I'm ready to run... we'll see if I can race the bridge on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and encouragement! Gimme some!