Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cooper River Bridge Run & Training Journal

So the week ended with me doing a couple easy things and making sure my knee was nice and loose for the Cooper River Bridge run, which is a massive event that take place here in Charleston. Apparently, it's the 3rd largest 10k in the US, and the 10th largest running race in the US. With over 40,000 participants, this did not surprise me.


USMES had a nice group of teammates coming out for the event. We had dinner at EVO Pizza, which was delicious. I'm going back!


The next day, I got up at 445 to make sure Ken and I could get to the parking lot and grab a shuttle to the start line. We were at the start line before six, and then we had two hours to kill, because the race didn't start until 8.


The race itself - if you want to call it that - was FUN! I didn't really race. Just ran at a comfortable pace with Colin, Jeremy, and Eric. We were all broken in some way/shape/form, so we all pretty much decided to just run easy. It was nice to just do a race for the fun of it. I enjoyed the sights, and high-fived people on the way. The post-race festivities were fun, and Ken came over for dinner and we gorged ourselves on home-smoked salmon, barley risotto, blackened brussel sprouts, and apple pie. Here is a picture of us running over the bridge. You can see me and Colin on the far right in our USA singlets.


Here's the Strava File for it!


This week so far, I have done swim practice on Monday morning. Then that evening, Marian took me to her turbo-kick class at her gym. I've done it before... but every time I want to go, I pretty much feel like I'm going to bonk for 75% of it. People make fun of aerobics classes... yeah. They will KICK. YOUR. BUTT.


Then this morning, I went to swim practice again! Then over lunch, I hit the gym for a short weight session, and that's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and encouragement! Gimme some!